Post may contain affiliate links which helps fuel this website.
We recently booked a trip to Disney and Universal for this winter. And even though I’m super pumped, it’s dawned as the “most expensive day ever” for a reason.
First off, we scored an amazing deal on our Disney resort stay through Sarah at Living with the Magic Vacations. I have never in my life used a travel agent before and she was ah-mazing. She handled everything for me, answered all of my crazy questions at any time of day and night (at one point we were emailing around 11pm 😆) and found us a week long stay with FREE dining plan, park hopper, etc. for half the price of what I found on my own. If you’re ever considering visiting Disney, even for just a day, I highly recommend reaching out to Sarah for a free quote.
So once I finally booked the vacation it was crunch time to save. I knew we would struggle to be able to go unless I helped out financially but I was torn because with three kids at home it’s next to impossible to afford a babysitter and still bring home a profit that makes it worth it. Am I right?! That’s when I started doing on and end jobs from home, as well as, looking for other ways to save. Whether that be making money or saving money elsewhere, that money could then be allocated towards our Disney Fund.
The following are all of my earning tactics for free Disney gift cards, cash, etc. Disney makes it easy because Disney gift cards can be used at Disney stores and at all of the Disney parks. You can use them on tickets, food, souvenirs, and anything else they sell in the parks to really help stretch your budget.
Some of the strategies I use don’t necessarily offer free Disney gift cards directly but you can redeem for a store gift card (I.e. Walmart, Target, etc.) and use those to purchase Disney gift cards. Just make sure to read your local stores pilicy before doing so. As some places will not allow you to purchase gift cards with gift cards.
For some, you can also cash out via Paypal or request a live check to use on your trip. Free money!
Some, also, offer gift cards to places such as Rainforest Cafe and Starbucks which are on Disney property so you can use those for one of your meals or to help pay for a quick pick me up after running after your children (or Mickey) all day!
All of the following strategies I have personally used and loved!
- Disney Movie Rewards- You’re a Disney fan right? So you probably have Disney movies laying around. Well did you know you’re missing out on free Disney gift cards?! Hurry go check! Disney Movie Rewards allows you to earn points on your Disney movie purchases. Bluray, dvd, in theater, etc. These points can then be redeemed for gift cards or on Disney merchandise. Plus, each month they send out a ‘Mystery Bonus Points’ email allowing you to earn free points for doing nothing but clicking the link. Gift cards are sent directly to your home.
- Shopkick– You can earn “kicks” by simply walking into a store, scanning merchandise, watching videos, purchasing with a linked card and so on. You can redeem your kicks for digital gift cards to Disney, Target, Walmart, Amazon, Starbucks, etc.
- Ibotta– Probably my favorite money saving app out there. Ibotta offers cash back on purchases you already made by simply uploading your receipt, linking your grocery card, and/or shopping online through the app. Plus, when you sign up you can snag a $10 welcome bonus and you will have ‘joined’ my team. The bigger your team, the easier it is to earn the bonuses! You can cash out via Paypal, Venmo, or for a gift card.
- Checkout 51- Similar to Ibotta, Checkout 51 offers cash back on items you’re already buying. The nice part is that that you can request a direct check be mailed to you once your account reaches $20.
- Swagbucks– Swagbucks offers a lot of ways to earn from watching videos, internet searches, surveys, games, and more. They offer gift cards to Rainforest Cafe, Starbucks, Delta and Paypal.
- My Points– My Points lets you earn points when you make purchases online through their site, take surveys, watch videos and more. They offer gift cards to Rainforest Cafe, Target and PayPal.
- Pampers- If you’re going to Disney I’m going to guess you have a little one at home. With Pampers Gifts to Grow you can enter codes from Pampers products online and redeem them for gift cards. Don’t have a little one at home? No problem! Simply do a Google search each month for free codes. They really add up!
- Savings Catcher- Are you a Walmart shopper? If so, you definitely should be using Savings Catcher. Scan the QR code on your receipt into the app and they will reimburse your online account for any items they can find cheaper elsewhere.
- Bestmark– Bestmark is a mystery shopping company. Some jobs require you to make a purchase and some are simply making calls to companies. Regardless, Bestmark will reimburse you for purchases made and pay you via check after each job is completed.
- Field Agent- Slowly making its way towards the top of my favorite app lists, Field Agent offers jobs that you can reserve online to do in store. They offer many different ways to get paid such as scanning items in store, taking pictures of displays, etc. Plus, they make the process super easy and you can cash out at any time.
- Gigwalk- Similar to Field Agent, Gigwalk allows you to complete easy jobs. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to use Gigwalk as much as I would like being that they do not offer a lot of gigs in my area but it seems like a good gig (see what I did there?).
- Poshmark– Have clothes and accessories you don’t use anymore? Sell them! Poshmark makes the whole process super easy. Even better? They allow you to withdraw your earnings at any time directly from the app. You can redeem via Direct deposit or request a live check be mailed to you.
- Checkpoints– Checkpoints gives you the chance to answer surveys, scan barcodes and get points for shopping in-store and online. Use my code britnih and get free points! Redeem your points for gift cards to places such as Amazon, Starbucks, Walmart and Target.
- Inbox Dollars-As a legit survey site, Inbox Dollars is an easy way to earn some extra cash because you can literally do it from anywhere at any time of day. Inbox Dollars will send you a check.
- Fetch Rewards– Turn any grocery receipt into savings! Fetch Rewards allows you to save on thousands of products EVERY time they’re on your receipt. Enter my referral code, A9EUF at sign up and you’ll automatically get 2,00 Fetch Points ($2.00 in points!) when you complete one receipt.
- Ebates– Do you like free money? Yeah, me too. And nothing says a trip to Disney like free money. Ebates is a great place for this. In fact, they will give you $10, for FREE, just for signing up. They work with over 2,000 retailers to give you cash back on your online purchases (and some in-store). Simply go to Ebates first before making an online purchase, follow their link and check out like normal. If you aren’t using Ebates you’re missing out on some big bucks!
So there you have it. My tried and true secrets to saving money for Disney or any other vacation. Obviously, the sooner you start the more money you will have accumulated come time to redeem and cash out. So what are you waiting for? Have fun saving!